Monday, August 17, 2009

Fine art!


The fine craftsmanship that artists put into his/her work I have such appreciation for, especially if the pure intention is to uplift & encourage others. Like the image here of the Buddha encarved in stone. It is an ordinary stone. But the artist saw something extraordinary in it. The graceful & serene face of the Buddha as He is sitting in meditation pose is carved with precision. Hence, the Buddha is the reflection of the artist's mind...one who is working mindfully & completely in the present...beyond space & time. Being in the present moment is pure joy!
This Buddha statue is placed on my small altar & is a reminder to look within, be calm & rest in my own True nature. My True nature & your True nature is the same. Only conceptual thoughts of the "Ego" separate us. That is why practicing meditation is so important to calm our minds & to bring us back to the simplicity of our real nature.
I feel so blessed to have, in this lifetime, the opportunity to learn the Dharma from my wise Teachers...Venerable Zen Master Wei Chueh (Founder of Chung-Tai Zen Monastery), Master Jian Zong (Abbot of Chung-Tai Zen Center of Houston), Master Jian Xiao -(Vice Abbot), & all the Shifus, my Dharma friends, & a foundation of strong, loving family esp. my mother, Upasaka Hsiu Hui Wang who is a real Bodhisattva.
Thank you, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment